Communications and Development Manager
Deadline to apply August 1, 2018.
The Communications and Development Manager will work individually and as part of a team on a wide variety of daily tasks and long-term projects across general operations and organizational communications. This position manages various operational systems, coordinating bookkeeping, financial reporting, sales systems, and managing the Salesforce.com CRM platform. This position also manages and executes the organization’s communications plan, including email marketing, direct mail, website content, publicity, and social media. In addition, this position supports the organization in a fundraising capacity, coordinating donor communications, grants research and fundraising events.
This position interacts often with the general public, so the best candidates will enjoy interfacing with diverse visitors. The best candidates will be self-starters who have found success working independently and collaboratively as part of a small team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Improve current infrastructure by creating operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission -- specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team
- Oversee organizational insurance policies
- Coordinate volunteers for special events, tabling, and outreach events
- Manage weekly email communications via email marketing system
- Coordinate website updates in conjunction with email and social media schedules
- Oversee general social media platforms, creating original content, delegating content creation, engaging with audience, and increasing engagement and followers
- Coordinate and copy edit Annual Report and other promotional pieces as needed
- Research grants and coordinate information; prospect new grants; attend grantmakers webinars and informational sessions; begin application process by gathering all materials
- Maintain and manage the donor database, Serve as RISE’s Salesforce.com administrator; input data and maintaining integrity of data; creating reports for donor relations and impact reporting;
- Prepare persuasive fundraising materials, generate compelling written correspondence and promotional articles, respond to donor inquiries, acknowledge gifts, engage with grantees through the grant-making process and throughout the year as needed, and maintain overall development timelines.
- University degree in a related subject
- 3 to 5 years experience in a related field
- Solid understanding of communications strategy in social media
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Budget development and oversight experience
- Enthusiastic, optimistic, focused, and motivated
- Detail oriented and creative; self-starter and can work under minimum supervision
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical and communication skills
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Google Apps
This position will start out part-time, 32 hours/week, with opportunity to grow into a full-time position. The base pay will be $40,000/yearly.